Well hello, hello…fancy seeing you here again!
So I decided to jump in this fabulous Monday and try out the inverted manicure but with a twist and added some cute as pie daisies and swopped the colours on an accent nail.
I used Sally Hansen Instant Strength x1 coat as a base coat, Revlon in White on White x2 coats, Colours Extreme Nail Colour in Matte Sunshine Sky x2 coats, Essence Colour & Go in Wanna be your Sunshine and Essence Nail Art Stampy Polish in Stamp me! Silver for the daisies nail art and Essence Gel Look Topcoat.
You will need:
- Your pretty set of hands
- Base coat nail polish
- Two alternating base nail polish colours (I chose a bluey-indigo and white polishes)
- Two contrasting nail polish colours for the daisy nail art (I chose silver and yellow)
- Top coat nail polish
- A toothpick / orangewood stick / dotting tool
- File reinforcements
1) Paint base coat nail polish and wait for it to dry completely
2) On the nails where I wanted the white nail polish to show through in the half moon shape…I needed the white to be the base colour and vice versa where I wanted the indigo colour to show through in the half moon shape
3) Paint on one coat of the white nail polish on your nails excluding the nail you want to use as an accent nail. Paint on one coat of the indigo nail polish on the accent nail. Wait for both to dry completely, then proceed to paint on a second coat until the nail polish is sufficiently solid and is fully opaque
4) Now carefully place a reinforcement sticker on all your nails so that the curve of the sticker follows a half moon shape at the top of your nail
5) Paint on a coat of the indigo polish now on your nails with the white base colour polish and on your accent nail, paint on white nail polish…remember the reinforcement sticker will keep in tact the half moon shape underneath the nail polish
6) Carefully remove each reinforcement sticker from each nail, you can do this immediately after the top colour nail polish has been applied (which I prefer as I find it leaves a cleaner line) or you can wait for all your nails to dry completely and then carefully remove the reinforcement stickers, do what works for you!
7) Complete steps 5-6 on all nails, as you can see above I started working on the daisies immediately as well…I was just careful not to smudge the freshly applied indigo nail polish
8) Practice the daisies on a piece of paper first before attempting it on your nail…it will be such a waste to restart if you do a wonky daisy that you aren’t happy with!
9) To make the daisy I simply used a toothpick and dolloped a bit of the yellow and silver nail polish on a piece of paper. I then dipped the toothpick in the yellow nail polish and made a dot for the centre of the flower…I had to make sure I picked up enough nail polish to get the yellow dot to be wide enough and dark enough. I then repeated this process for the silver petals, by placing four or five of the silver dots in a circular design around the central yellow dot. Try dragging the silver dot of polish a little bit when you are placing it as this little drag will make the silver dot resemble more of a petal shape. I’m still perfecting this!
10) Continue with step 9 until all fingers are done, I swopped the colours for the daisies on the accent finger…and used the silver nail polish for the centre and the yellow for the petals…just a small fun change up.
11) Wait for nail polish to dry completely and then apply a top coat
12) Check out your mani, sheesh, look at you go…mad skills is not the word :)
13) I’m so stoked that even though it’s the middle of winter in South Africa I can still rock some fresh summer nails because on the east coast we are blessed with incredible summer weather in the middle of winter!
14) This mani totally makes me want to sit in a sunny spot, daydreaming away while humming some Natasha Bedingfield…I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine…the sun is on my side and takes me for a ride I smile up to the sky, I know I'll be alright…la…la…la!
What’s your favourite summer/winter mani ?
I will also be joining the ladies over at The Nail Files for the first time!
Join the fun side of life and link up to Mani Monday and The Nail Files below :)