Thanks for stopping by for another glorious Manicure Monday :)
So before you think OMG ‘X-rated ohh la la-esque’ nails…get your minds out the gutter! :P This Mani reminds me of the great Disney/Pixar under the sea adventure of Finding Nemo! The bright colours on the accent finger just screams of the coral under the sea!
I used Sally Hansen Instant Strength as a base coat, Essence Nude Glam in Hazelnut Cream Pie, Essence Colour & Go in Wake up, Colours Nail Enamel in Creammoss and Essence Gel-Look Topcoat.
If you have brittle / weak / peeling nails…do yourself a favour and buy some Sally Hansen Instant Strength polish, it’s amazing!
If you haven’t noticed by now I am obsessed with Essence nail polishes, great selection of colours, great opacity, chip resistant and quick drying time!
I also love Colours nail enamel…I’m not sure if these are available internationally but they are sold in Foschini (clothing department store) here in South Africa. Nail obsessed junkies please get yourself some Colours nail enamel asap, I love them as much as Essence and the specs on them are equally impressive and at R15 a pop…BARGAIN is not the word! Slap on a good top coat and no-one will know you had used a supposedly cheapie nail polish! I love them!
Ok, ok so I know you all wanna know how you to can get some Nemo in the Nude nails! Read on my lovelies, read on!
You will need:
- Your pretty set of hands
- Base Coat
- Three colour nail polishes. I used nude, turquoise and orange.
- Top coat
- Sticky tape
1) Paint on the base coat and wait for it to dry completely
2) Paint on 2-3 coats of your chosen base colour, wait for it to dry completely
3) Get your sticky tape ready, cut 4 pieces of sticky tape
4) Decide on how you want your stripes to be placed on your accent finger…I wanted the base colour (nude) to be on the edge of my nails…so I placed the sticky tape as follows
5) Take a piece of sticky tape and place it 3/4 of the way down on your nail so that the sticky tape is leaving over half the nail exposed and the tip of the nail is covered in sticky tape, do this on both accent fingers
6) Make sure the sticky tape is stuck down properly onto the nail…if there are any air bubbles the nail polish will seep through and destroy the stripes you are trying to achieve…if air bubbles do appear…try rolling them out of the sticky tape with either a tooth pick or an orangewood stick
7) Now paint on the orange nail polish onto the accent finger nails, the orange nail polish will in essence be covering the nude polish underneath so that you can achieve the middle orange stripe. However never fear, your nude stripe by the edge of your nail is protected by the sticky tape
8) Wait for the orange nail polish to dry completely
My whole nail looks like its been painted in orange nail polish…don’t let pictures deceive you…the sticky tape has been painted and underneath the nude nail polish is still in tact!
9) Carefully pull off the sticky tape revealing a perfectly straight orange stripe in the middle of your nails
10) Now place sticky tape just above halfway on your nail…so that the sticky tape will be covering the stripe of orange nail polish that you want to show on your nail…a portion of your nail nearest to your nail bed will be exposed…this is where you will be painting on your final stripe
11) Paint on the turquoise nail polish…if you paint over onto the sticky tape, don’t worry you will pull it off later, it’s there to catch the mess! Wait for the turquoise nail polish to dry completely
12) Gently pull off the sticky tape revealing three perfect under the sea themed stripes
13) Run around singing like the cute Dory from Finding Nemo…Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming…
So let’s be honest, how many of you run around pretending to speak in WHALE after watching Finding Nemo ?
Join the fun side of life and link up to Mani Mondays below :)