G’day you lovely ones!
Well, I’m sure like the rest of the world over you are feeling the festive spirit of the holidays. This mani is versatile as it celebrates the fun & sparkle of the festive season while still being wearable for work (if you’re still slogging out the last few days), and on trend for summer easily taking you from summer days into festive holiday parties by night.
I used Revlon Nail Care Calcium Gel Nail Hardener x1 coat as a base coat, Revlon Scented Nail Polish in Mint Gelato x4 coats (needs quite a few coats to build up opacity but I adore the minty colour and the scent reminds me of choc mint ice cream!), Tru Colour Nail Enamel (Sparkly Silver colour – can’t see name of nail polish colour on the bottle) x1 coat for nail art, Sinful Colours Professional in All About You x1 coat for nail art, Essence in Make it Golden x1 coat for nail art and Essence Studio Nails Better than Gel Nails Top Sealer as a topcoat.
You will need:
- Base coat nail polish
- Base colour nail polish
- Silver glittery nail polish for nail art
- Gold glittery nail polish for nail art
- Gold chunky glitter nail polish for nail art
1) Apply base coat nail polish to all nails, wait for it to dry completely
2) Apply base colour nail polish to all nails x4 coats, wait for it to dry completely
3) Now you’re ready to start working on the glitter gradient nail art for this mani, you can see this technique also discussed here
4) Apply a silver glittery nail polish to your nails in uneven strokes along the tips of your nails, so that you are left with some short and some tall streaks of silver glittery nail polish along the bottom 1/4 of your nails. It may look a bit strange now, but don’t fear…we are building up and layering the nail polish to get the glittery nail polish to fade out
5) Wait for first coat of the silver glittery nail polish to dry completely, once dried now apply 1 coat of the gold glittery nail polish over the silver glittery nails polish but make sure to start applying the strokes a little below the silver nail polish, so that you still see some plain silver glittery nail polish peeking through which fades into the gold nail polish. I used a mix of gold and silver for some contrast, but if you only have one colour it will work just fine as well!
6) Wait for the gold nail polish to dry completely, then apply the chunky gold glitter nail polish. Now dab or pat the chunky glitter nail polish onto the tips of your nails (as if doing a chunky glitter french tip). Complete nail art on all nails and wait for it to dry completely
7) It may seem as if the tips of your nails are very uneven with all the nail polish deposited there, but this is solved when adding the top coat…you may need 2 layers of top coat nail polish just to even out the nail surface
8) Wait for chunky gold nail polish to dry completely, then apply top coat (1 or 2 coats as needed). I know it's old school but I am totally humming along to 'I'll be home for Christmas' by the King, Elvis Presley...I'm feeling the festive spirit of the holidays :)
What is your go-to mani for the holidays?
As always, linking up to Mani Monday below, with the fabulous Heather and Heather! I will also be joining the ladies over at The Nail Files.
Join the fun side of life and link up to Mani Monday and The Nail Files below :)