And I hope you like these jammin' nails, too !
I like to call this the, Undercover Rasta Mani:
So loving these nails, they totally put me in a Bob Marley mood!
So here’s how to get some jammin’ nails:
You will need:
- Your pretty set of hands
- Base coat nail polish
- Three base colour nail polishes (I used orange – sub in red for the original rasta colours, yellow and green)
- Top colour nail polish (I used black)
- Top coat nail polish
- Striping tape kit (if you don’t have this, you can try and cut very thin uniform pieces of sticky tape, you will be able to achieve the same look)
- A pair of scissors
1) Paint your nails with the base coat nail polish, wait for it to dry completely
2) Then paint on each nail, 3 even stripes each of the different colours you have have chosen as the three base colour nail polishes, wait for it to dry completely (if the first coat is too streaky and transparent- apply a second coat of the colour nail polishes)
3) Now have your pieces of the striping tape kit cut & ready to go or thin pieces of sticky tape (you will get best results with striping tape, try and track some down all beauty retail stores should stock them if in SA check Clicks or Dischem, you can also check online! )
4) Place the striping tape in the desired patterns you want on your nails, go crazy!
5) Now paint on your chosen top colour nail polish (I chose black), wait for it to dry completely
6) Once the top colour nail polish is completely dry, gently peel off the striping tape or sticky tape to reveal your cool designs and rasta colours peeking through!
7) Paint on the top coat nail polish to keep your jammin’ nails in tact
8) Check out your undercover rasta mani and think to yourself ohmigosh, I kick ass :)
9) Totally start singing & jammin’ to the legendary Bob Marley, Ooh, yeah! All right! ... We're jammin', jammin' … And I hope you like jammin', too
Join the fun side of life and link up to Mani Mondays below :)