Hi to one and all :)
What a lovely end to my day to find out that my Jailhouse Rock Mani was the featured mani by the two amazing ladies, Heather & Heather who co-host this fabulous gig, Mani Monday! Thanks for the mention ladies, feels awesome!
This weeks mani was inspired by the start of Spring! Thank goodness warmer weather is on it’s way although you would never tell from these last few days! I wanted a bright, fun and vibey mani that got me in the mood for some warmer weather and all the loveliness that goes with it! Presenting the Hot Mess Mani (because ‘Hot Pink & Lime Mani’ sounded boring haha) !
This was a ridiculously easy mani to do and I love the bang you get from this mani because of the bold, fun colours used! So go ahead and give it a go, you will love it! Hot Pink & Lime, sign me up! I did french tips in the fun lime colour by Essence (which I adore) which matched perfectly with this hot pink! I added a cute flower nail art sticker for a little something extra and inverted the colours on my index finger for a simple accent nail. This mani definitely got me in the mood for spring, warmer weather, glorious sunshine and fun times :)
I used x1 coat of Sally Hansen Instant Strength as a base coat, x6 coats of Colours Xtreme Nail Colour in Matte Fuchsia (my one gripe with this Colours brand which I otherwise love is that this matte colour took about 6 coats for it to look somewhat decent with regards to opacity…not impressed with that but I love the vibrant colour of this polish and each did dry in record time so it kind of made up for the 6 coats…kind of), x2 coats of Essence in Lime up! and x1 coat of Essence Gel Look Topcoat.
You will need:
- Base coat nail polish
- Base colour nail polish (I chose hot pink)
- French tip coloured nail polish (I chose lime)
- Sticky tape
- Nail Art sticker (optional)
- Nail Glue (optional)
- Top coat nail polish
1) Apply base coat nail polish, wait for it to dry completely
2) Apply hot pink (base colour) nail polish to four nails and lime (accent nail base colour) to your index finger, apply a thin first coat and wait for it to dry completely, apply more coats as needed till you are happy with the opacity, wait for it to dry completely
3) Cut small pieces of sticky tape
4) Carefully place sticky tape on nail in desired shape and width of french tip, make sure you carefully press down the sticky tape so that there are no gaps or air bubbles which allow the french tip colour nail polish to seep through and destroy the french tip line you are creating
5) Complete step 4 until all nails have sticky tape placed on them in the desired width and shape of the french tip
6) Apply thin coat of lime nail polish to the tips of four nails and the hot pink polish to the tip of the index finger, wait for this to dry completely
7) You would probably need to apply another coat of the lime & hot pink polish to the tips of the nails, wait for this to dry completely. (The Colours Xtreme Nail Colour in Matte Fuchsia applies satisfactorily with x2 coats for the french tip on the accent nail)
8) Now carefully place a small drop of nail glue on the nail art sticker you have chosen and apply the sticker carefully to your nail wherever you desire, carefully exert a little pressure and push down on the sticker slightly just to ensure that it is stuck down properly. (I would normally just stick the sticker straight onto my nail however with this sticker I was using the adhesive material on the back was not doing the job and the sticker kept slipping off my nail, thus I resorted to nail glue…however if your nail polish is still wet you could apply the sticker directly and it should stick due to the wet nail polish)
9) Apply top coat nail polish, wait for this to dry completely
10) Look down at your mani and yes I know, you are totally psyched that this mani looks so fun and fresh! Yes please spring, roll on, roll on!!! :)
What's your favourite season and what has you excited about Spring 2012?
As always, linking up to Mani Monday below, with the fabulous Heather and Heather! I will also be joining the ladies over at The Nail Files.
Join the fun side of life and link up to Mani Monday and The Nail Files below :)