G’day you amazing peeps :)
I’ve been inspired by the recent gorgeous weather which has clearly indicated that summer is well and truly on it’s way! With summer comes the prospect of not only divine weather, but cute, fun, bright coloured clothes (my fav!), cocktails, the beach, parties, time with friends and family, Xmas shopping (haha by the carols being played in the stores already it’s not too early!) and basically all the fab things we love about the end of the year!
I love these mix and match manis where each nail is a different fun colour, I decided to switch things by using summer colours all by my favourite nail polish brand Essence and adding a cute heart detail french tip for a fun twist! I used Sally Hansen Instant Strength as a base coat, on pinky fingers x2 coats of Essence Colour & Go in Wanna be your Sunshine, on ring fingers x2 coats of Essence Colour & Go in Viva la Green, on middle fingers x2 coats of Essence Colour & Go in Ultimate Pink, on index fingers x2 coats of Essence Colour & Go in Wake Up!, on thumb nails x2 coats of Essence Colour & Go in Lime Up! and Essence Studio Nails Better than Gel Nails Top Sealer as a topcoat.
I know you wanna be sporting these cute as button nails so follow the steps below!
You will need:
- Basecoat nail polish
- 5 different fun coloured nail polishes ( I chose yellow, dark mint, pink, orange & lime)
- White nail polish for the heart details (or whatever other colour you prefer)
- Top coat nail polish
1) Paint base coat nail polish on all nails, wait for it to dry completely
2) Apply x2 coats of coloured nail polish to each nail, wait for it to dry completely
3) Practice heart details on a scrap piece of paper, this technique is also discussed here (point 15-16) and here (point 7-8) with pictures describing each step. To achieve the ‘lil hearts french tip you will tip a small amount of white nail polish out onto a scrap piece of paper, make sure to work fairly quickly now. Dip the toothpick (or dotting tool if you prefer, I like a toothpick as the end is small enough to enable you to create small enough heart shapes) in the small pool of white nail polish and place three dots of nail polish in an upside down triangle shape. Now take the toothpick and carefully pull each dot into each other so that it joins in the middle…the dots once all joined will now resemble a heart shape
4) Once you have the heart detail technique down pat, start applying the design to your nails…work on one heart at a time and on one nail at a time, I completed all three hearts per nail first before moving onto the next nail. Apply heart details to all nails
5) Wait for nail art to dry and apply top coat
6) Totally put on some classic Aerosmith Girls of Summer on your iPod and jam out, ‘When winter hush turns summer pink, In half the time it takes to blink, But it all depends on what'choo think, About the girls of summer’…la…la…la!
What are you most excited about for summer ?
As always, linking up to Mani Monday below, with the fabulous Heather and Heather! I will also be joining the ladies over at The Nail Files.
Join the fun side of life and link up to Mani Monday and The Nail Files below :)