This Mani Monday I was inspired by a cute top I recently purchased from Mr. Price (clothing store in SA), the colours compliment each other so well and I am loving me some pastels at the moment. This mani is so fun and with the sparkly top which inspired it, I can’t help but associate this mani with the beach and cocktails! Yes please, I’ll take summer right about now! :)
I used x1 coat Sally Hansen Instant Strength as a base coat, x2 coats of Yardley French Tip Whitener as a colour base coat, x1 coat of Essence in Stamp me! Silver, x1 coat of Colours Nail Enamel in Creammoss, x1 coat Essence Nude Glam in Iced Strawberry Cream for the wave designs and x1 coat of Essence in Gel Look topcoat.
You will need:
- Base coat nail polish
- Base colour nail polish, I used white
- Three colour nail polishes for the waves, I used silver, turquoise and pale pink
- Top coat
- Orangewood stick
- Scrap piece of paper
1) Apply base coat nail polish to nails, wait for it to dry completely
2) Apply two coats of base colour nail polish, wait for it to dry completely
3) Pour a small amount of the silver nail polish on a scrap piece of paper, and dip the sharp end of an orangewood stick into the pool of polish then quickly and carefully start dotting the silver nail polish in a wave design onto the nail (start the silver dotting wave design closest to your nail bed), continue the dotting pattern in wave design on all nails (I tried using a dotting tool and a toothpick but found the dots created were too small for my liking, you may prefer that look so give it a go!)
4) Now you will repeat step 3, but with the turquoise nail polish and you will begin likewise by using the dotting technique and you will dip the orangewood stick into the pool of turquoise nail polish and dot it onto the nail. Make sure you start the design a little below the silver, so that there is a space of white nail polish peeking through in between both colours, continue until all nails are complete with the turquoise wave design
5) Repeat step 3-4, but now use the pale pink nail polish, wait for all three sets of wave designs to dry completely
6) Apply top coat of nail polish, and totally be chuffed silly with this gorge mani! Whip out some pastel threads to match your mani…Oh and not forgetting to play Kokomo by The Beach Boys…jamming vintage style today, ‘Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go’…I know you couldn’t help but sing along…everyone secretly loves The Beach Boys!
Have any of your clothes inspired a mani ?
As always, linking up to Mani Monday below, with the fabulous Heather and Heather! I will also be joining the ladies over at The Nail Files.
Join the fun side of life and link up to Mani Monday and The Nail Files below :)