Hi you amazingly wonderful beings :)
Since the festive season is upon us I decided to be a bit fancy and do a shiny, sparkly, fun and full of life mani today! Also, it was the perfect excuse to test out one of the gorgeous nail polishes & some nail care protect nail polishes I received from Revlon in an amazing hamper I won (more on that later!). Here is the ‘Razzle Dazzle Mani’!
I tested out a few of the polishes from a gorgeous Revlon hamper I received for winning a recent weekly Twitter Manicure Mondays competition which was hosted by Cosmopolitan Magazine (South Africa) and Revlon (South Africa). This is the amazing hamper I was spoilt with! What a treat!
For this mani I used the Revlon Nail Care Calcium Gel Nail Hardener as a base coat x1 coat, Revlon in Red Hot Tamale x3 coats, Essence in Make it Golden x1 coat and gold striping tape for the nail art and Revlon Nail Care ColorStay Gold Standard Top Coat x1 coat. I also used the Revlon Nail Care 60 Seconds Quick Dry Spray on a few nails which worked a charm! Red Hot Tamale is my new ALL TIME favourite summer colour, I may be biased...I am partial to coral/red colours...it may or may not be my fav colours of all time!!! :)
Read on to get your holiday ready razzle dazzle mani!
You will need:
- Base coat nail polish
- Base colour nail polish (I chose a lovely bright coral-red colour)
- Gold striping tape for nail art
- A pair of scissors
- Gold glitter nail polish for nail art
- Top coat nail polish
1) Paint base coat onto nails, wait for it to dry completely
2) Apply base colour nail polish (coral-red) x3 coats, wait for it to dry completely
4) Apply gold striping tape to each nail in whatever design or direction as you please. I placed the striping tape in a different design/direction on each nail. Once you have stuck down the striping tape you will now carefully using a pair of scissors cut the striping tape to fit the nail and then gently smooth the striping tape onto the nail and make sure it is stuck down properly
5) Now apply the gold glitter nail polish to each nail on one side of the nail so that one side of the nail has gold glitter polish and the other half of the nail is separated from the glitter by the gold striping tape. You want the nails to have the contrast of the plain, bright pop of colour against the glittery, sparkly nail polish. I find the best way to apply glittery nail polish is to dab and pat the nail polish onto the nail, do not paint it on as normal as the glitter doesn’t seem to disperse very well using that method
6) Complete step 4-5 on all nails
7) Wait for nail art to dry, then apply top coat
8) Be totally chuffed that you have created a stunning, sparkly number ready to get your razzle on for the festive season!
I won’t suggest let’s all go sing-a-long to a Christmas carol as yet…I’ll hold off till December at least! :P The festive cheer will definitely be extended into Mani Mondays, look out for holiday/fesive/Christmas themed manis during the entire month of December!
What are you doing to get into the holiday/festive/Christmas spirit of things ?
As always, linking up to Mani Monday below, with the fabulous Heather and Heather! I will also be joining the ladies over at The Nail Files.
Join the fun side of life and link up to Mani Monday and The Nail Files below :)