Monday 11 March 2013

Mani Monday: Flower Power Mani

 Good day my lovelies,

This Mani Monday I was feeling the retro vibe and decided to channel it into a flower power mani!

DSC02602

I dotted big daisies all over bright pink nails (the nail polish paints on so opaque that it looks like red nail polish). I used Revlon Nail Care Calcium Gel Nail Hardener as a basecoat, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Cerise x3 coats, Essence Nail Art Stampy Polish in Stamp me! White x1 coat for nail art, Colours Nail Enamel in Creammoss x1 coat for nail art and Revlon Nail Care ColorStay Gold Standard Top Coat as a top coat. 

You will need
  • Base coat nail polish
  • Base colour coat nail polish (I chose bright pink)
  • Two colours for daisies nail art (I chose white and mint)
  • Orangewood stick
  • Toothpick
  • Top coat nail polish

Method:

1) Apply base coat nail polish to all nails, wait for it to dry completely 

2) Apply base colour coat nail polish to all nails and wait for it to dry completely 

DSC02580

3) Start working on the daisies nail art. Pour a small pool of white nail polish onto a scrap piece of paper. Dip the sharp end of an orangewood stick into the white nail polish and carefully make 4 dots on your nails, ensuring that the 4 dots touch each other. You are creating the petals of the daisies, randomly place the collection of 4 dots all over your nails, you want the flower design to be haphazard on your nails. Continue dotting on the petal design onto all your nails, place on as many or as little daisies as you would like

DSC02587-001
Example illustration of how the four dots should be touching

DSC02587

4) Pour a small pool of mint nail polish onto a scrap piece of paper, dip a toothpick into the pool of mint nail polish and place a small dot of mint nail polish in the centre of the four dots. You are dotting on the centre of the flower design. Continue doing this until all daisies have a mint dot in the centre

DSC02613-001

5) Wait for all nail art to dry then apply top coat nail polish

6) You would be forgiven to be caught humming along to some retro jams like ‘Build me up Buttercup’ by The Foundations…’Why do you build me up (Build me up), Buttercup baby just to
let me down (Let me down)’…la la la.

DSC02613

What’s your favourite retro song?
 
As always, linking up to Mani Monday below, with the fabulous Heather and Heather! I will also be joining the ladies over at The Nail Files.     

Join the fun side of life and link up to Mani Monday and The Nail Files below :)







2 comments: